I am now using sandpaper rolls from Klingspor for all of my hand sanding. Rather than “Porter Cable Stikit Sandpaper”. I still like the Stikit paper but it is to hard to get.
• I like “Klingspor Abrasives 4.5″x 10 Meter (33′) Pressure Sensitive Adhesive, Paperbacked Roll, xxx Grit, Stearated Aluminum Oxide”. Item # AR330xx. AR33008 for 80 grit, etc. Around $18 per roll on 12/2019.
I purchased several different rolls of stuff from Klingspor. I decided I liked the above the best. It is very similar to the “Porter Cable Stikit Sandpaper” that use to be my favorite.
Note:”Klingspor Abrasives Stearated Silicon Carbide, 4-1/2″x 10 Meter (33′) PSA Roll, 180 Grit, Porter Cable Stickit” is ok. Item #AR136xx. It is cheaper at $14 per roll. But, I don’t like it as much. The paper seems to be a little stiffer.
I get it from “Klingspor’s Woodworking Shop”.
I generally do not sand beyond 220 grit. If I do sand beyond 220 then I use 6″ Abralon pads by Mirka.
For more info see my “Sanding Cheat Sheet” blog entry.
• I like to cut up the sandpaper into small sheets in advance and store it in “Large Binder Clips” (aka large paper clips). For more info see “Spindle Turning Sandpaper” section in my “Handy Sandpaper” blog entry.
1. I use to use “Porter Cable Stikit Sandpaper”. My old “Stikit Sandpaper” blog entry is now obsolete. It is replaced by this new blog entry.
2. I use Blue Flex disks for all of my power sanding. See my Blue Flex Sanding Disks blog entry.
3. I have eliminated 150 grit from my sanding. I decided it is to close to 120 grit. Just a waste of time. I sand 80, 120, 180, then 220.
Sanding Cheat Sheet
Check out my Sanding Cheat Sheet. It ties all of my sanding blog entries together. Wet Wood? Already Finished? Spindle Turning? Bowl or Hollow Form? Then use …