I decided to start my own new woodturning blog in 2013.
- Because my Wednesday Night Woodturning group says I have good ideas that I should share with others.
- Because I often find new tools, etc that work well for me and that I would like to share with others.
- Because I am often to lazy to write up all my little ideas for Club Newsletters and Magazines. I just want to jot down a few sentences. Well, it often turns out to be a lot more than a few sentences.
This blog will cover the following:
- New Tools. Mostly woodturning tools.
- Ideas for new woodturning projects.
- Announcements for any classes I teach.
- Announcements for any demos I do.
This blog will NOT allow the following:
- Any chit chat in any way shape or form.
- Political or religious stuff.
- Any negative comments. All comments will be held and moderated by me. It’s my Blog if I don’t like what you have to say then it goes in the bit bucket. Go start your own Blog if you want to say negative things!
- Positive comments will be allowed only if they are non trivial.
- No spam! I have all the spam filtering stuff turned on.
Frequency of Blog Posts:
- I plan on posting to this blog roughly once a week. “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.” It often happens, more like once a month.
- You can safely subscribe to this blog. I will not fill up your email with a lot of crap.
This blog is accessible via 2 different web addresses. They all point to the same “Blog” page that shows you the most recent posts by date on my blog.
On 9/15/2020, I merged my Woodturning Website and Blog onto the same Blog platform. The following addresses now take you to the “Home” page for my Website. Which is now the “Home” page on my blog.
You can add /home to any of the above or add blog/home. It will still take you to the same place. The “Home” page for my Website.
No Guest Blog Posts!
I DO NOT accept guest blog posts! Please do not waste my time and yours sending me email!
A “blog” by definition is someone’s personal opinion. My personal opinion that I stand behind!
The idea of having a guest post something on my blog. JUST DOES NOT COMPUTE!
- Updated: 5/6/2022. Website & Blog Moved to SiteGround. Deleting OLD www.carlford.info
I moved my www.carlford.us Website & Blog from GoDaddy to SiteGround. I am now ONLY using www.carlford.us
For more info see my Website & Blog Moved to SiteGround blog entry.
- Updated: 1/22/2022. Improved speed of Website & Blog.
Over the last 2 years I have been making changes that have really improved the speed of my blog.
For more info see my Leaner, Meaner & Faster blog entry.
- Updated: 9/15/2020. Website and Blog Merged.
I merged my Woodturning Website and Blog onto the same Blog platform.
For more info see my Carl’s Website & Blog Merged blog entry.
- Updated: I don’t remember. Added www.carlford.us
Any carlford.us or carlford.info take you to the same place.
When I created my old website it was before the .us domain was available. GoDaddy offered the .info domain for free. The .com domain cost big bucks. So I went with .info and added .us later when it became available for a reasonable price. .us points to .info.
- Updated: 6/23/2014. Blog moved to WordPress
I started my blog in 2013 on GoDaddy’s Quick Blogcast platform. I was forced to move to WordPress in 2014 when GoDaddy discountinued it’s Quick Blogcast product.
For more info see my “Blog Moved from Quick Blogcast to WordPress” blog entry.
- 2013: Blog Started
I started my blog in 2013 on GoDaddy’s Quick Blogcast platform.
See top of this blog entry for more information.