Popular posts by Category (June 5, 2023, 10:29 am EDT)
Note: Click on [category/XYZ] after the category heading if you want a longer summary.
Popular (13) [category/popular]
- Carl’s 4x7x2 Sharpening Jigs - November 27, 2022 [Popular]
Carl's "Set It and Forget It" 4x7x2 Sharpening Jigs System makes sharpening woodturning gouges QUICK and EASY! 3 Vari-Grind jigs are converted to 3 CUSTOM sharpening jigs.
- Carl’s Modern Woodturning Tool Set - February 12, 2015 [Popular]
Carl's suggestions for a MODERN set of woodturning tools for new turners. A set for mostly bowls, hollow forms, and whimsy. With a little spindle turning here and there.
- Carl’s New Powermatic 2014 Lathe - April 18, 2021 [Popular]
Carl's Powermatic 2014 Lathe setup and REAL WORLD review. Photos, experience, opinion and measurements, for people interested in purchasing a PM 2014 Lathe.
- Carl’s New Powermatic 3520C Lathe verses My Old Powermatic 3520B - March 13, 2018 [Popular]
Carl's Powermatic 3520C Lathe setup and review. Photos, experience, opinion and measurements, for people interested in purchasing a PM 3520C lathe.
- Carl’s Studio July 2015 - August 2, 2015 [Popular]
Photos of Carl's Woodturning Studio. A picture is worth a thousand words.
- Carl’s Travel Woodturning Tool Set - December 2, 2018 [Popular]
Carl's Travel Woodturning Tool Set. A set that can be EASILY take to demos, club meetings and symposiums. Carl also recommends this set for new turners.
- Essential Books & DVDs for Students - March 13, 2015 [Popular]
Carl's recommended and Must Have Woodturning Books and DVDs. By topic: Spindle Turning, Bowl Turning, Project Books, Picture Books, Hollow Forms, etc.
- Martel 4 Way Caliper - October 25, 2020 [Popular]
Carl recommends the Martel 4 Way Caliper. Expensive and worth every penny! The unique shape of the Martel calipers makes them really useful for measuring the depth of things (plates, bowls and hollow forms) while they are still on the chuck!
- New Pinterest Gallery of Carl’s Wood Art - March 9, 2022 [Popular]
Check out Carl's new Pinterest Photo Gallery of his Wood Art. Over 300 items with a user friendly front end interface to Pinterest.
- Sanding Cheat Sheet - April 1, 2020 [Popular]
Carl's "Sanding Cheat Sheet" ties all of his sanding blog entries together. Wet Wood? Then use ... Already Finished? Spindle Turning? Bowl or Hollow Form?
- So you want to buy a lathe? A real lathe? - July 31, 2015 [Popular]
Carl's unbiased comparison, review and recommendation of Woodturning Lathes for people who are interested in purchasing a real lathe. Powermatic, Oneway, Vicmarc, Robust, Laguna, Jet, and Nova lathes. 110 vs 220 volts. Lathes that Carl does not recommend.
- Turning Smocks & Low Cost Alternatives - February 28, 2019 [Popular]
Carl reviews Turning Smocks and suggests some low cost alternatives. Get one before nature calls or "She Who Must be Obeyed" outlaws woodturning due to shavings in the house.
- Workshop Blower for Cleanup - October 15, 2018 [Popular]
Quick Tip: A little blower is great for quick clean up. I just blow all the saw dust and shavings off of my lathes onto the floor and then sweep or vacuum them up.
Currently there are 186 posts in Carl's blog. Posts may be assigned to more than one category. Currently there are 1 categories on this page with 13 posts.
Generated: June 5, 2023, 10:29 am EDT